Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 8
30 paintings - 30 days
January 8, 2014



"My Giraffe Face"
9x12
SOLD
Animals
Oil

Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 days started out well, last night I decided to paint my FB giraffe face since I answered one of those quizzes they pass around incorrectly and my punishment was to post the profile picture of me as a giraffe...  I am a bit more comfortable painting her than still life.  I mostly paint portraits of people. I know the anatomy is totally different, but, for me it has eyes, a nose and ears so - it makes me more comfortable than a cup and saucer.  I will get back to working on still life since it IS my biggest challenge and I need to practice.  Those darn Ellipses make me crazy !

 I got a big kick out of seeing one of my friends chose the same subject and post it today too !  Great minds think alike.  When I saw it I wasn't going to post mine but then, heck, I didn't want to paint ANOTHER subject or I would end up way behind.  So, my giraffe is my official entry to day 8 of the challenge.  Lazy? IDK
Peggy


No comments: