Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thank you Ann Feldman








Paper Sack

9x12

Oil on canvas



©Peggy Schumm 2015


Tonight we had a very informative demo by artist Ann Feldman.  One of the important things I took away from this excellent presentation and demonstration of charcoal drawing is the importance of measuring and VALUES.  Thank you Ann for a great demo!

Since I had been planning on doing the Daily Paintworks challenge I tried applying what I learned from Ann tonight.  I did let it get away from me though, because I jumped right into color.  


Many of you know that I am truly addicted to Starbucks naturally I had a Starbucks bag handy.

My next attempt at the bag challenge will be to follow Ann's value study lesson and just do the three values of the bag before I get into color.  Below is my first go at the paper sack challenge.





Peggy

No comments: