Saturday, May 3, 2008

Why Paint When I have a Camera?


Hi, this is Peggy.
<-------No, not the guy over there! <-----
I am an artist, I am learning. I find painting what I see or imagine a challenge & at the same time I find it relaxing. Crazy? It could be all the lead in the paint. But, for now, I have both my ears. Hours can fly by without once thinking about politics for instance. ;> At the moment I am very interested in painting portraits. I need more subjects/models! I have not gotten up the nerve to just ask someone on the street if I can take their photo to use to paint them. I need the practice!


Here is what I have done so far. I did this last week while he was watching the Bears football game with eyes fixed on the game. This took me a few hours and I have never enjoyed football more than that day!
As you can see I need to get better at taking photos of my art the glare is too much! And that is WHY I paint instead of using a camera.11/7/07

No comments: